Ascot or Crane GPS AB8-GPS-09 sportscomputer under ubuntu
Here's how to make it work:
Feel free to mail me if you encounter any problems or if some stuff disappears: pacasals(the-at-sign)telenet.be
- Install the 32-bit driver for linux from ftdichip (even if you are on 64-bit): driver from site.
Copy the file libftd2xx.so.0.4.16 to /usr/local/lib and add symbolic links to libftd2xx.so and libftd2xx.so.0. If you are on 64-bit ubuntu do the same for directory /usr/lib32/.
- Install the wine development packages with sudo apt-get install wine1.2-dev.
- Get yourself the usb d2xx driver for wine: driver from this site.
Unpack it somewhere and go to the directory where you unpacked it. Now type make. If you are on 64-bit the linking of the file will fail. You need to enter winegcc -O2 -Wall -lftd2xx -L/usr/local/lib -lntdll -lkernel32 -nodefaultlibs -o ftd2xx.dll ftd2xx.o -shared ftd2xx.spec -m32 --ld-cmd="ld -melf_i386" afterwards and you should have the file ftd2xx.dll.so. Now copy this file to /usr/lib/wine or /usr/lib32/wine for 64-bit systems.
- Plug in the device and make sure module ftdi_sio isn't loaded with sudo rmmod ftdi_sio.
- Finally install the Geosync GPX converter software with wine setup.exe and launch the program: wine .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/GsConv/GsConv.exe. The program should be able to connect to the device and you can now dump Windows.